Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Zarif - "Over" (Boat Drinks! Re-jig)

"...take a step and slide it back..."

I did a couple of mixes for Zarif, a couple of housey ones on her first single "Let Me Back" which went down really well. Then I got asked to do a mix on her next single "Over". They wanted house mixes to capitalize on the success of the mixes of "Let Me Back" but I really like the idea of the really fast almost drum & bass groove (sounds kind of motown too in a way) of this mix. I think they really liked it but they wanted from me was something house for the clubs, so I did a couple of others, which went down equally well too.... so I don't think this ever got used. Shame really, I like this one so much more.

(click on the big arrow to play and the little arrow to download)
Zarif - Over (Boat Drinks! Re-jig) by Boat Drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment