Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ride The Revolution (Boat Drinks! Treatment)

"...well you can bump and grind, if it's good for your mind..." Marc Bolan

Never been much of a fan of Marc Bolan or T-Rex beyond knowing a few of their songs. I had always been aware of this particular track, but I think it was Baby Ford's cover of it in 1989 that kind of peaked my interest. I liked the way whole ethos behind the song related to the times. "The Summer Of Love" and all that.

As far as this "mash up" goes, I think I heard it on the radio and thought it was ripe for a treatment of some sort. I'd always loved the drum break at the start of Ride's "Dreams Burn Down" off their album 1990 album "Burn" (courtesy of my big brother) and recognised a similar swing in the rhythm to T-Rex and away I went : )

(click on the big arrow to play and the little arrow to download)
Ride the Revolution! (Boat Drinks! Re-Edit) by Boat Drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment